Re: Various shit

To: Tony Drews <tmccis@revealed.net>
Subject: Re: Various shit
From: Scott Paceley <spaceley@uiuc.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 08:19:54 -0600
>Hey, looks like I'll not make as many Thicko parties this year as I had
>planned.  Unlike Flounder, I don't think I cracked any ribs or anything,
>just pulled and beat up some muscles and joints in the back and ribs.
>Advil is wonderful stuff.  Some random thoughts:
>
>Neck restraints (those horse collars) are a good thing, my neck is in
>pretty good shape.
>
>I know most of the thick ones drive open cars, but for the closed car
>crowd, I'd recommend arm restraints.  We had a window net and didn't use
>arm restraints.  The net (and door and roof) came adrift and offered no
>help.  I held onto the wheel thinking "I know I'm supposed to relax my
>grip" but couldn't.  Turns out that was a good thing.
>
>There was a discussion on the vintage race list about fiberglass
>bodywork vs. steel stuff.  The steel absorbs impact much better than
>fiberglass.  Something to keep in mind...
>
>Even new durable steel alloy suspension parts can fail.  Check 'em
>often.
>
>I always wondered what it was like to roll a car.  During the roll I
>thought "now I know what it's like to roll a car!".  It sucks.  But it
>DOES make for good stories.
>
>A gravel trap is better than a concrete wall.
>
>I remembered to turn the camera off afterward, but left the kill switch
>of the car on.  Tireless self promotion?
>
>The video camera was running during the whole thing - I'm going to try
>to turn that section into an mpeg movie, so you too can cringe at the
>tilting horizon.  I'll let the group know when I've got that done...

Biscuit,

Thanks to you, Flounder, and my stock in Bristol-Meyers, my anticipated
retirement date has moved 2.7 years closer. That's enough, no more of this
investment strategy will be necessary thank you very much.

Let us know when you have an mpeg, some jpegs or any other Pegs ya got
layin' around.

take care,

Scott Paceley  *  spaceley@uiuc.edu  *  217-333-8759