Re: Vintage racing or ...what is this anyway?

To: <LMR356@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Vintage racing or ...what is this anyway?
From: "Dan Neuhaus" <dannyneu@mwci.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 17:17:45 -0500
Lee;
I was also at Mosport and a Team Thicko.  I race a Formcar Formula
Vee.
During the group one race it was RED FLAGGED.  There were formula
fords and formula B cars all broke all over the track.  Was this
because of over driving or mechanical failures?  Probably both, no one
will know for sure.
While putting my car on the trailer we discovered the frame rail
holding the motor had fractured on one side.  Does this mean that I
will just spatter weld it back in place?  No, That section will be
removed and replaced, AND the car will be dis-assembled to look for
other cracks before it returns to the track!
My "low buck" racer is just as valuable to me as anyone else's car, be
it a lowly "Vee" or a "one of a kind special".

Dan Neuhaus
Team Thicko and Proud of it