Hear Ye, Hear Ye

To: "Thickos" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hear Ye, Hear Ye
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 22:14:06 -0500
Thickos One and All,

Post race ramblings from the benevolent dictator below....

Be it known on this day (Saturday... actually) that have hereby renamed
Roger "Lonely Fuck" Heil...

Roger "Lucky Fuck" Heil.

As many of you know, Roger totalled his race car Saturday when a
steering/suspension failure caused him to veer off the track and
unfortunately ramming the ass end ( i realize that talk excites some of you
guys... especially the ones that kept hanging out under Elmo's new "gay"
yellow tent...) of the Triumph Spitfire that had ceased running a few laps
earlier at about 90 mph.

Now Roger, in his usual LF ways was a bit bummed out, but amazingly unhurt.
I pointed out that to live through such a seriously hard impact... was very
fortunate. To escape unscathed... he should be ecstatic. Thus, the name
change. (The rumors of Thickos scavenging cheatin' dog parts from the broken
hulk as it sat under a tarp are mostly false...mostly... but someone said
Speckman was there in disguise trying to make a deal for the 1275...)

Also... I must say, here and now.... "LET MY PEOPLE GO"!. We believe Rick
"Dr. Dreadful" to be falsely accused of passing under yellow... and perhaps
a victim of Group 8 backlash. We've hired Johnny Cochran and are awaiting
the lab results of the DNA evidence....(don't ask where that was found...)

Friday night we fed 75 plus in the Thicko pits with our impromptu party...
followed by a serious blow out Saturday night where the crowd swelled to an
estimated 200 +. We even had a sax player (excellent by the way) who sat in
with the Thicktones. You, my esteemed Thickos, have begun to change the way
people socialize at race events. Instead of scurrying off to late night
overpriced dinners of rubber chicken at hotels, people are hanging out,
meeting and getting to know other folks... and in the slightly abridged
words of Rodney King... "We all do get along!" It's been suggested that we
name our trackside bash "Club Thicko". At the upcoming races at Grattan and
IRP, banquets have been removed from the schedule, and Club Thicko rules.

Who's going to Mosport? I am. Dr. D is (pending his work release program).
Who else? I'm anxious to try that track again... this time with the benefit
of newer than 4 year old tires, and my new rear suspension. I'd only driven
the Red Rat Bastard with the new springs at IRP last year, and the
combination of monsoons and a sway bar ripped from the frame didn't do the
modifications justice. At Blackhawk the tires actually stayed on the
pavement most of the time.

Thanks one and all for the massive Thicko showing at the Blackhawk Classic.
We were everywhere. We were recognized for out driving, comraderie, and our
parties. Y'all made the Flounder proud.

WST
Flounder