(no subject)

To: team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: (no subject)
From: Zeke5550@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 23:10:08 EDT
As Gary Speckman reported, I had a great time in my first VSCDA drivers
school and race.  After 5, 20-30 minute sessions on the track with and
without Gary in my car, we had a 6 lap race.  It was the most fun I have ever
had in a car and without a doubt the highlight of the week end.  Started 5th
and worked up to 3rd after a couple laps - an absolute gas.  Speaking of gas,
my crew obviously screwed up on the consumption calc because I ran out with a
little over a lap to go!  Great fun anyway.

On Sun, we had a chance to try it in the rain.  My crew screwed up again and
made me spin in turn 8 and 9-say a detour thru the freshly mowed grass!  I
was happy with  qualifying and was doing OK at the half way point -- about
mid fleet.  A couple TR4s gave me some training in starts and blew by me on
the first straight.

I had a great time and really appreciated the help Gary gave me.

Question - after the rain experience, do we really need rain tires?  I also
want to get a canopy of some kind --  any suggestions.  The car and trailer
repair list is long but plan on making it to BHF June 18/19.