luck be a lady tonight...

To: "Team Thicko Mail List" <team-thicko@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: luck be a lady tonight...
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 20:57:56 -0500
To all,

I advanced my usual car preparation up a few days... from the day before I
leave to a few days before I leave.

So, sports fans, last year when the Red Rat Bastard was run at IRP, I lost
my clutch on the first lap of the race. That combined with front shocks that
were unable to hold oil for one lap, made for an interesting drive on IRP's
rough, fast surface.

Inspection reveals the pin for the clutch slave cylinder was among the
missing... replace, bleed...bingo, we are one with clutch.

I had  put the red car's carbs on "the Bishop" for its FIA papers photos in
preparation for the LeMans event. Removed them, re-installed , popped a
charger on the garden tractor battery, hit the pumps, and the steroidal
weedwacker sound of 948 angry cc's was immediately present.

The trans that was in the car for last year's clutchless race was a brand
new rebuilt. (Just the way to break in a new tranny... slam shift it up and
down through the gears without a clutch for an entire race). See, if
Speckman didn't want to whup my ass so bad, I wouldn't have had to abuse the
equipment.

Anyway, bottom line... car's done, on the trailer, good to go. Yahoo! It's
even clean. Of course, it's never gonna be pretty... but like an ugly
sister, you've just got to love it. Paul Fitzsimmos or Bill Dalton, are you
"teching"?

A little industrial strength shop vac work ( we've got enough dog hair... we
can put it together and get another entire dog...) in the Team Thicko Land
Barge, an evening search party for all the race tools, and spares... and
we've got us a race weekend coming up. (I'm not too happy about this, am I?)

The menu for the weekend is shaping up... looks like we'll do soon to be
famous Team Thicko barbecue beef and pork on Friday, famous Team Thicko
London Broils on onion rolls on Saturday, and the equally famous nuclear
half life "Godfather" Donato Italian Meatballs... the kind " you can't
refuse..."

All in all, should be a Malox moment.

Anybody up for a little "live" music this weekend? Dalton, are ya with me
here? Any other music types in the mood?

I could stand a hug from all you guys, in a purely "hetero" kind of way.
I've missed you.

WST
Flounder