Vinyl instructions

To: "Team Thicko Mail List" <team-thicko@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Vinyl instructions
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 11:49:38 -0500
Greetings Brethren,

Instructions for applying Team Thicko vinyl stickers...

Some of you received black with white drop shadow, some received the
opposite...white with black drop shadow. No rhyme or reason here, as I have
no idea what color car you're putting them on.

Choose the location carefully... usually it's best to place them somewhere
on the back of a race car so that the competition can see who just passed
them. Of course, this can work in reverse, as they also will know who's
doors they're about to blow off.

Just to make this a little more complicated, some of you will receive
stickers with the drop shadow already applied behind the top layer. Others
will receive 2 part stickers, requiring placement of the drop shadow vinyl
first, followed by the top layer. Again, no rhyme or reason here... although
if I'd been thinking about it, I would have mailed the easier ones to our
Corvette and Porsche owners as they obviously are dealing with either
"diminished capacity" or compensating for inadequate genitalia.

Application...

Clean surface. If you have a spray bottle, squirt on a mildy soapy solution
to the area on which you intend to apply the sticker. This will allow you to
slide the sticker around a bit for proper placement... kind of like you did
when putting flame decals on the fenders of that '40 Ford AMT 1/25th scale
model when you were 10.

If you have the 2 part sticker, apply the drop shadow base first. Use a
bondo spreader, or soft plastic spatulat to work the trapped air bubbles and
soapy water out to the edges. Then apply the top layer, and squeegie out the
air and water.

Removal....

Best to warm the sticker gently with a hair dryer, then peel off. I've seen
them peeled off after 3 or 4 years with no adverse effect on the paint.
Having said that... I hereby state that Wm. Severin Thompson (Flounder) or
any othe members affiliated with team Thicko, are in no way responsible for
damages resulting from application or mis-application of these stickers.
(Paul Fitzsimmons, TT Attorney at law... did I say that right?)

Any questions, e-mail me. These stickers grace some of the finest (and
rattiest) cars in the world.

Flounder