Re: Vinyl instructions

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Subject: Re: Vinyl instructions
From: David Laver <dlaver@ms.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 12:35:11 +0100
> Some of you received black with white drop shadow, some received the
> opposite...white with black drop shadow. No rhyme or reason here, as I have
> no idea what color car you're putting them on.

Drop shadows??  I used them as a white set and a black set...

> Choose the location carefully... usually it's best to place them somewhere
> on the back of a race car so that the competition can see who just passed
> them. Of course, this can work in reverse, as they also will know who's
> doors they're about to blow off.

One on the back so they can see who just past - and one on the front so they can
see who just spun...

> Any questions, e-mail me. These stickers grace some of the finest (and
> rattiest) cars in the world.

Well they have now graced one of the rattiest examples of one of the finest cars
- my Aurelia GT.  Full report from the Isle of Mann Classic to follow when I get
through all this email.  Shameless self publicity in abundance - late nights -
the most relaxed racing on the planet - lots of new friends and smiles.

Highlights -

o  Standing in the petrol station on the outside of the corner at the end of a
160mph straight - only 2 of the 20 cars hit it in the session I watched...

o  A car wedged in a hedge with the rear wheels off the ground - straighted by a
local garage for free and racing next day.

o  Sprinting down the prom at night.

o  Timed runs up a mountain.

David