Re: [Spridgets] Trying to diagnose an idle/stalling issue

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Trying to diagnose an idle/stalling issue
From: David Ambrose via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2020 09:13:13 -0800

--------------EDBEE5261B35C5C34D67ED8D

Lots of good suggestions already. I would check the float levels too.
The easiest way to do this is to pull the pistons, and turn on the fuel
pump. You should see gas about 1/16" below the top of the jets with no
choke pulled.

Cheers,
Dave Ambrose

On 12/26/2020 2:35 PM, Kurtis J. via Spridgets wrote:
> Greetings everyone.  I was semi-active on this list several (like 10)
> years ago.  I have a 1959 Bugeye with a 1275 engine that had up until
> last month been sitting dormant in my basement garage.  I have the car
> back on the road and running fairly well, but I am dealing with an
> idle issue.
>
> The card starts fine and will idle fine after it warms up; however,
> when coming to a stop, the idle drops to a point where the engine will
> stall if I don't give it a little gas. After it catches back up, the
> car will go back to idling fine.  Right now I have the idle set at
> about 1,000 rpms.
>
> The plugs on the car look good, so I think the mixture is fine.  I
> have played with the timing a little as well.  Any suggestions as to
> where else to look?
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Kurt Jones
> Conway, Arkansas
> 1963 TR4 - CT19389L
> 1959 AH Bugeye - AN5L23250
>

> ------------------------
>
> spridgets@autox.team.net
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets
> http://autox.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/stargazer1@cox.net

--------------EDBEE5261B35C5C34D67ED8D

  <head>
  </head>
      too. The easiest way to do this is to pull the pistons, and turn
      on the fuel pump. You should see gas about 1/16" below the top of
      the jets with no choke pulled. <br>
      Dave Ambrose<br>
      Spridgets wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CABx2U1QiQ7FzX+Q40FphebNw8BbHhhjD-gtOZ0iAMZW_r0bn7A@mail.gmail.com">
        several (like 10) years ago.  I have a 1959 Bugeye with a 1275
        engine that had up until last month been sitting dormant in my
        basement garage.  I have the car back on the road and running
        fairly well, but I am dealing with an idle issue.
          however, when coming to a stop, the idle drops to a point
          where the engine will stall if I don't give it a little gas.
          After it catches back up, the car will go back to idling
          fine.  Right now I have the idle set at about 1,000 rpms.</div>
          fine.  I have played with the timing a little as well.  Any
          suggestions as to where else to look?</div>
            data-smartmail="gmail_signature">
              Conway, Arkansas<br>
              1963 TR4 - CT19389L<br>
              1959 AH Bugeye - AN5L23250<br>