Traffic cops Re: What you can do

To: ccrobins@ktc.com
Subject: Traffic cops Re: What you can do
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 16:42:18 EDT
Cc: tboicey@brit.ca, spridgets@autox.team.net
I am trying hard not to get on my soapbox here, BUT you stand more chance of
getting caught by a speed camera on a straight and clear stretch of dual
carriageway than you have cycling on the pavement.  I suppose this is because
cylists don't have registration marks and their owners have less money to pay
find than motorists do.  A lot of the speed camera culture and vehement
police anti speeding attitude has everything to do with raising revenue and
driving up crime figures and nothing to do with road safety.  If anyone
disagrees don't bother to e-mail to argue (unless you are a UK policeman).
My experience of UK traffic police is limited to the car who visited me twice
(I was out the first time) to check whether the position of the licence plate
on my car was legal or not though he was not able to give me answer only his
opinion.  The other time I met a traffic cop it was in a friends car who was
pulled for not displaying a tax disc (it had slipped down the windscreen),
said policeman did discover vehicle brake lights not working (we swapped a
fuse on the spot) but not the bald tyre I had told my friend to get changed
for weeks.

For myself I drive at a speed that I consider safe in the vehicle, weather
and road conditions prevailing at the time.

I have to stop now to take a cold shower to cold down.

Daniel1312

In a message dated 23/09/00 19:20:40 GMT Daylight Time, ccrobins@ktc.com