Re: New uses for old parts

To: "Michael Hargreave Mawson" <OC@46thFoot.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New uses for old parts
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 20:32:09 -0800
Mike,

As with anything else, one man's "junk" is another man's treasure...  Maybe
there's someone out there with a speedo that works, but the face plate is in
poor shape for whatever reason, or the glass or bezel, anything!  As for the
rest of the stuff, it's only limited to your imagination, really.  I have a
hard time of letting anything go, afraid that if I do, "someday" I might wish
I had it for somthing else.  Like an extra bracket that came with my garage
door replacement hardware. It's heavy steel and I had no possible use for it,
but I saved it anyway.  Then a couple of weeks ago, I discovered that it made
a splended "support" for my Keihin quad carb conversion.  If you keep your old
parts long enough, you'll find another use for them.  Either that, or you'll
wind up with a lot of useless junk that your "estate" will have to sort
through and either toss in the dumpster or sell on eBay after you croak
someday.  But it's always good to have "stuff".  And more "stuff".

Take care,

Jeff McNeal (San Diego)

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
'68 LHD Spitfire Mk3 project
http://www.TotallyTriumph.net/spitfire/spitfire.shtml
Join  the TOTALLY TRIUMPH NETWORK!
Forums, Classifieds, Links & Triumph Merchandise
http://www.TotallyTriumph.net