Re: [Shotimes] Intermittent AC

To: "Rusty Willis" <rwillis@comcast.net>, <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Intermittent AC
From: <clubairth@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 11:38:49 -0500
Rusty:
222K miles, That's all???

 Check that the A/C compressor is still turning when it's blowing hot air. I
think you A/C clutch is worn and slipping when it gets hotter. You can shim
the gap but I have found this to be a short time repair. I would replace
just the clutch. The coil underneath is most likely OK unless you have had a
clutch burn up on you? Cost about $60-$100 for parts.
 Or you could be low on Freon. Jump the pressure switch at the accumulator
and see if the compressor keeps running. Do you have any A/C gauges to check
the pressures?
 Also check what type of Freon the car uses. It should be R-12 but Ford
released some 1993 Taurus/Sable with the R134a. Not many because I have
NEVER found one yet!!

 How many miles on the silver SHO?
.
.