Re: [Shotimes] Intermittent AC

To: "Rusty Willis" <rwillis@comcast.net>, <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Intermittent AC
From: "van Oss" <vanOss@centurytel.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 21:13:19 -0500
The factory CD players were made by Sony and are guano.  Just notorious.
Even if you can find a working one, they contain components that do not age
well.  Do not waste your time cruising eBay looking for a working unit.  Put
in an aftermarket CD receiver.  It's just part of the life, sorry.  My
wife's 95 Taurus LX and my 2000 Mustang have the same Sony-made CD player,
and they're both going to be replaced when they fail, it's just a matter of
time.  BTW when you put in an aftermarket CD receiver you'll free up a dash
slot for ... well, there are options.

Seat problems could be dead motors or switches.  Probably corrosion.  You
can swap in the seat track from any late-model Taurus or Sable, they all
have the same floor pan and bolt pattern.

Others will jump in about the AC.

VO