Re: [Shotimes] Intermittent AC

To: "Rusty Willis" <rwillis@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Intermittent AC
From: James White <greensho@crown.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 21:02:52 -0500
Check the clearence on the A/C clutch.  Can't remember what it supposted
to be, but, I bet it is too much.

A simple proceedure to remove the first part of the clutch and put
to back together without tone shim=washer.

Cheap, easy, quick.  Try this first.

regards, Jim White

At Friday, 18 August 2006, "Rusty Willis" <rwillis@comcast.net> wrote:

>I have to share this story...
>
>My green '93 with tan interior SHO, with 222K miles was dying.
I felt it was
>time to get her go with some modicum of dignity.  Three weeks ago
I bought an
>'04 300M with 21K on the clock.  Nice car, but...
>
>....the day after I was filled with remorse.  Sure, the 300M is
a nice car and
>all.  Civilized, refined...but I missed the mean & nasty Yamaha motor.
>
>To make a long story short, I just picked up a silver/black '93.
Even though
>it has too-dark tinting and wheels that would suggest I'm trying
to "get in
>touch with my inner pimp", all is right with the world again (sure
wish I
>would have kept the other for parts, though).  I like the Chrysler
and will
>use it intermittently, but the SHO will be my daily driver.
>
>That said, I have some, umm, issues I need help with.
>
>My AC is working intermittently.  What I mean is that everything
is great for
>a while - nice cold air - then the cold air stops.  Nothing else
is affected
>but the temp of the air.  Then, without warning, it will begin to
get cold
>again.  Repeat ad infinitum.
>
>Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions?  I would really appreciate
it.

>Also, a couple of the seat electric functions don't work.  Would
I need to
>find a module to replace the current one?  Any ideas?
>
>The CD player is dead.  In my other SHO, I had the same problem.
I live in