Re: [Shotimes] DEALERSHIP TRANSACTION: LIFE LESSON OR IS

To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] DEALERSHIP TRANSACTION: LIFE LESSON OR IS
From: "Koll" <kasimonds@qwest.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 16:36:02 -0700
Jim,

Sorry about the issue surrounding the purchase of the car.

A couple of observations.

The dealer is under no obligation what-so-ever to buy the car back. They are
approaching this like a spot-cash-sale.  If you walk up to a dealer and say.
Here's a car.  I need cash, you'll always get this kind of offer.  They're
not in the business to take on inventory of older cars that are out of sync
with what they public is trending towards.  That is, small efficient cars.
They would rather not own the car at all.  Their price was them telling you
"no way".

I did the same thing in reverse on a dealer.  I needed to get out of a
Lincoln Mark VII LSC back when I was a punk.  I went to a dealer and told
them my story of desperation.  I'll take anything.  They pointed to a
Pontiac 2000 and I said OK.  It was the nicest car on their lot (Ford
store).  I took it in the shorts at first.  Getting nothing on my LSC and
paying full boat for the J-car.  But, I drove back by that lot 9 months
later and they were STILL trying to get rid of that car.  Could they come
back to me and say... We want our Pontiac back?

I just ran a 99 T-C with 122K on the clock through Edmunds...

Trade in: $6,353     Private sale: 7,407   Dealer retail: 8,505.

Sounds like they're a little high, but even if they're 25% high, selling it
private party is the best way to recoup the money.  Take a deep breath.  The
last thing you want to do is get on a first-name basis with some lawyer over
this.  Be cool, smart and patient and you should loose very little money on
this.  You'll be laughing about it next year.

Good luck,

  Koll