Re: [Shotimes] Bug gut removal

To: <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Bug gut removal
From: <clubairth@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 11:44:13 -0500
Be glad you do not deal with love bugs in the deep South. They have no known
predators because they contain an acid that makes them bad tasting! When
they come out it is by the millions and billions!! Good thing they only mate
for a short time and them die off!

 When they splatter on your car you have 24 hours or less to remove them
before they etch your clear coat!
Thanks for the Pro honda spray idea, I had never heard of it before? I have
used WD-40, Pine oil soap and various bug remover sprays. I have found that
if you soak the bugs for 30-60 minutes they will soften and come off a
little bit better.

I used to use the plastic scrubbers but they always scratched or marked the
paint. Maybe not using the right ones?
.
.

> Pro Honda-Spray Cleaner&Polish,comes in a 14oz.spray can.
> Bar none,one of the best all around cleaners I have ever used.Check your
> local Honda Motorcycle shop.About $5.00 a can.Well worth the expensive
> price.
>

> Kenneth C.
>
> Anyone who drives in the Midwest country side knows of the bug gut
> problems.What's the best way to get rid of dried bug guts off the nose?
> When the car gets hot the bugs in the coolers start smelling like a
> grasshopper deep fry...
Paul