RE: [Shotimes] (OT) pricing an 83 Mustang

To: "'van Oss'" <vanOss@centurytel.net>, <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] (OT) pricing an 83 Mustang
From: "Ron Porter" <ronporter@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 11:51:58 -0400
That's why pricing guides for mundane cars over 7 years old are pretty much
irrelevant for pricing. They are only good for an insurance company to set a
value.

Your Stang is just like a SHO in that regard. Pricing is based on condition
and desirability. Even the repaint for a car like that doesn't matter. It
could help pricing if the car looks good. You won't be snaring a collector,
you will be getting a kid.

Too bad you didn't try to sell back in May. From my Ford used-car-lot days,
convertible sales are dead by the 4th of July.

Ron Porter