Re: [Shotimes] Global Warming

To: <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Global Warming
From: "van Oss" <vanOss@centurytel.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 23:35:01 -0500
What I question is not the trend but the distribution of temperatures.  A
few examples:

- Folks in International Falls, MN should get a little warm spell after the
holidays.  It would be the decent thing to do for those poor bastards who
have to make their living playing host to automakers cold-testing cars.

- I think the best thing that could happen to the world might be for the
Middle East, for a little while, to experience some freezing weather.  It'd
slow down the flow of oil, sure, a matter of viscosity.  But it would focus
a lot of minds on survival priorities, as we Midwesterners know.  Frozen
soil would also make it harder to plant roadside bombs.  Finally, a freezing
spell tends to keep folks indoors and offer them time for reflection, a
moment of pause.

- The people in the Southern Hemisphere have somehow got this whole
winter/summer thing backwards.  What if we offered to trade them one of our
summers for one of their winters, and vice versa?  Wouldn't that even things
out?

Finally, may I just ask if hot tempers contribute to global warming?

VO