[Shotimes] Adjusting Adjustable Struts

To: "ShoTimes (E-mail)" <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shotimes] Adjusting Adjustable Struts
From: "Techpriest" <techpriest@ourlair.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 22:47:50 -0500
I am going to get some new struts for my 89.  It is my daily driver, but I
also Autocross on weekends.  The struts on it now are the originals from
1989.  I was thinking adjustables.

The fronts should be no problem, how hard are the backs to adjust?  Could I
extend the adjusters so they are above the back deck?  I noticed holes for
adjusting struts are legal in STS.

I was thinking the fronts would require more adjustment then the back on
race day.  For ease of use and cost savings what if I got adjustable fronts
and just some KYBs for the rear?

So how is the 89 doing?  I am currently local points leader in STS.  Most of
that is simply because I have not missed a race.  I never come in first, but
I always put in a respectable showing.  Considering I always have the oldest
and heaviest car in the class I am actually quite happy with the
performance.  I still have an all original suspension and am running on
dried out junk yard tires.

You might have noticed that I posted the 89 for sale earlier.  I changed my
mind.  I was getting out of the SHOs for something more practical.  After a
bunch of test drives I have not found anything I like as much as my Gen 1
(nope, not even my Gen 2).  The money I had saved for a newer car is being
spent on the 89 instead.  Seats recovered, 60K tune, new paint, struts and
tires!