Re: [Shotimes] Adjusting Adjustable Struts

To: "Techpriest" <techpriest@ourlair.com>,
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Adjusting Adjustable Struts
From: "leighsm" <leighsm@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 00:46:51 -0400
Adj Konis are the ideal way to go. They let you have some tuning ability on
the track. Even when set at 1/2 turn out they really settle the car down on
a bad series of bumps, and you gain car control. They don't ride badly
unless you crank them down too tight.The Tokikos were also very good are no
longer made. The Ford motorsport shocks may not be available any longer, but
you can still order them directly from Sachs, the mfgr. They are not bad at
all, but not up to the level of the other 2. I don't believe there are any
other choices made specifically for the SHO, and all the KYB, Monroes, etc
are not up to par on a car that will be driven in competition.
Congratulations on being the points leader!!!
..
As a severe cost cutting mesure, Monroe Sensatracs worked very well on the
back only, they are not valved at all strong enough for the front of an 89.
..
Lee