[Shotimes] Poor mileage

To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] Poor mileage
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 20:57:55 -0700
Hi again.  Thanks for all of your input last time :)

My 97 has been seeing lower and lower milage, esp in the city.  Since
I just got the wheel bearing fixed (which has removed all sounds I
was hearing as well as showing the same temps on the rear discs for 5
days now), my in-city mileage has been a paulry 14.6-15.5 mpg.

My cams are not fixed yet, but I don't know if any slippage could
occur and still have the car run at all :)  I don't notice any rough
running, etc.

There have been times where I've noticed a very rich fuel odor after
idling in the garage when I arrive, or leave.  more so when its cold
(outside and engine cold)

I had the fuel filter changed a couple of months ago.  I run Chevron
supreme and mobil 1 10-30.

What are some of the leading causes?  I know I never got over 18-19
when she was new, but 15 is kinda lame :)

Steve