shop-talk

Re: [Shop-talk] homeowner/ shop guy cordless drill

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] homeowner/ shop guy cordless drill
From: Drew Rogge <drew@DasRogges.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2023 20:57:53 -0700
I have a couple of Dewalt cordless drills and a corded one.. The chucks on all
three were/are junk. The chuck on the corded drill would never grab on to a
bit. I eventually replaced the chuck with one from an old 7V(?) Makita and all
was better. The chucks on my newer Dewalt cordless units both have the
"feature" that every time you stop the motor from high RPMs they will
"automatically" loosen to where the bit falls out :-) It could be the braking
feature of the drill doing this.

To end on a positive note, my cordless tools of choice are Makita 18V. As far
as I know the same batteries fit all their tools. If I didn't already hav a
number of Makita tools I'd seriously think about Milwaukee.

One thing I truly believe in is to pick one manufacturer and stick with them.
That way you don't have a bunch of different chargers hanging around.\

Drew

--
Drew Rogge
drew@dasrogges.com