Re: [oletrucks] '59 won't start

To: "Dana Muise" <dana@spazzco.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] '59 won't start
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 17:01:08 -0500
That's not enough voltage at idle or revs I don't believe. Alternator's
charge at 14.5 or so, would think gens need more than the 12 you say your
getting also. Are you sure all your cables, posts, and grounds are good?
You can have a bad cell in battery too that acts up. My 98 Blazer was doing
same things, sometimes perfect, messed up right at wrong time. Was a bad
cell in battery, got new one, now OK. Battery's are odd things to diagnose
w/out a machine. Check in a manual for gen output for charging, sounds like
yours is low there.

G. L. Perry
Huntington, IN 46750
glperry@fwi.com