Re: [oletrucks] 1940 frame: same as 41 to 47?

To: <STMSymank@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 1940 frame: same as 41 to 47?
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 17:07:46 -0500
Don't make RODS out of one-ton dually's!!  Stick to the 1/2 ton size for
that. I personally think you should keep it all one-ton and get the parts
truck to get the axle from. Should be eight lug, right? Or is that one of
those wierd sized wheels and stud shapes that you sometimes run into? If it
has 17 or 18" wheels, good luck. I just changed my Chev to 19.5 wheels from
delivery van trucks, cause couldn't find or afford the odd size tires. 16"
dually's fit on front, but not over my rear drums.
That's the way one-ton stuff is.....brakes are odd size, tires, sometimes
belts and other odd stuff. Course, if you ROD it, you'll probly remove and
junk most of the orig truck anyway, and then you will be a "Hacker"!

G. L. Perry
Huntington, IN 46750
glperry@fwi.com
Big AD trucks, COE