Re: [oletrucks] electrical problem

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] electrical problem
From: "Keith" <kvdurand@mail.esc4.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 23:12:10 -0700
Hmm, a question I can answer-
Try turning on the hazard lights. If they work, you either have a bad switch
or no power to the turn signals. The brake light will not glow on the side
with the turn signal turned on, regardless of if the circuit has power or
not. The brake lights are wired through the turn signal switch. If the fuse
blew out and all this trouble started at the same time, I would suspect a
bad switch or column wiring. Ah, I found the color code. Disconnect the plug
going to the column.

Brown goes to the flasher and fuse for hazard lights. Should be live at all
times.
Purple goes to the stop switch. This should have 12 volts on it when brakes
are applied
Yellow goes to the flasher and fuse for turn signals. Should be live with
ignition switch on.
White goes to right rear lamp
Pink goes to left rear lamp
Light Blue goes to left dash indicator and front left turn signal
Dark Blue goes to right dash indicator and right front turn signal

Check the yellow first. If it has no power, then the fuse, wiring, or
flasher is bad. If it has power, then the switch is likely bad.