Re: [oletrucks] valve adjustment

To: "Oletrucks List" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, <cupola2@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] valve adjustment
From: "Michael Snow" <mwsnow@home.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 17:20:01 -0800
At the low RPMs our old sixes run, I don't think that valve
lash is as critical as in a race engine.  On my old CJ5 I
adjusted the valves one time at TDC while they were good and
hot and left the rocker cover off overnight.  The next
morning I measured all the intakes and exhausts, averaged
the measurement and used that as the cold lash spec. for the
duration of my ownership.  There are several companies that
make special clips that attach to the rockers on Chevy V8s
for running adjustments, but I imagine that it is still a
messy proposition.

Mike Snow
1953 3100