RE: [oletrucks] new possible clunker law in OR

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] new possible clunker law in OR
From: "Nelson, Jeff - DTC" <jnelson@paducah.k12.ky.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 09:13:12 -0600
I have to side with craig on this one and just make a couple of points
myself.

1) Fights against "clunker" and "crusher" laws are ABSOLUTELY something
our list needs to be aware of and be involved with and I appreciate the
efforts everyone is making on this issue. I don't mind miq putting my
name and email address on a list to Oregon legislators, but I also want
to strongly second those who said that 500 individual letters have a
much bigger impact than one letter from 500 individuals. SO WRITE YOUR
OWN LETTER ALSO!

2) Like craig, though, I really feel we are crossing a line on our list
when we start saying that the problem is due to the [insert your
political pet peeve here] and that if we just all vote for [insert your
political bias here] the problem will be solved. I won't get into my own
political biases too much here, but if you really believe that there is
a ONE iota of difference between the Demicans or the Republicrats when
it comes to issues of concern to the PACs and the corporate lobbyists,
then there is a beautiful bridge over the Ohio river here in Paducah
that I could sell to you for a real good price(:-)

Mainly, I hope that members of the list continue to be vigilant about
legislation that can adversely affect our oletrucks and will keep us all
informed of such legislation, but PLEASE, let's not extend the
discussions to political philosophies or political parties (or other
bugaboos such as "rabid environmentalists" or "right wing extremists")
If we go down that road, the flame wars will destroy the BEST list I've
ever been a part of.

Thanks
Jeff Nelson
Paducah, KY