newsletters

Re: non-lbc - MAC info

To: newsletters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: non-lbc - MAC info
From: Blake Discher <bdischer@blakedischer.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 09:26:01 -0400
At 08:26 AM 6/22/2002, you wrote:
>1. Given the above info. can anyone tell me how to tell this fellow how
>to save a document as RTF?

John,

I would suggest your author save his document as Apple Simple Text and that
he name it using a .TXT ending.  You'll at the very least be able to open
in Windows Notepad, then copy and paste it into your page layout
program.  You may have to do some tweaks to the paragraph formatting
depending on if he used four strikes of the spacebar to indent or the tab
key, but I suspect this is still the easiest way to get his document into
your program.  BTW, the chances of a virus coming to your machine from a
Mac are minimal, the folks that write viruses primarily capitalize on the
many security vulnerabilities of Windoze machines and are see greater
potential for wreaking havoc in the percentage of Win users vs.
Mac.  Something like 90% vs 10% last I looked at meaningful statistics.

Good luck,
Blake Discher

1976 TR6, 1971 Stag.   See them and play my fun game:
"Don't Crash the Triumph!"   http://www.fireflystudios.com/triumph
Detroit Triumph Sportscar Club:  http://www.detroittriumph.org

///
///  newsletters@autox.team.net mailing list