newsletters

RE: Printers used for newsletters

To: Francois <francois@amicale.com>
Subject: RE: Printers used for newsletters
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 10:15:59 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Francois,

I agree with the sentiment of your reply (scanning above 150 DPI is a
waste of space), but you need to scan halftones at very high res or it's
a waste of time. As an example, I've tried halftone scanning at 300 DPI
(the default resolution of my scanner) and the results are very poor
indeed. These pictures were the equiv. of the "blobs" referred to in an
earlier posting.

I have yet to bring my pictures to a service beaureau (sp?) to get them
halftone scanned as suggested in another posting, but I will def. try
this in the near future. The principle reason  that I have not done this
in the past is that I'm always about a week behind deadline... it's not
like doing the newsletter is the only activity that I engage in.... yadda
yadda yadda.

later,
rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |