newsletters

Re: Printers used for newsletters

To: BobboI@aol.com
Subject: Re: Printers used for newsletters
From: Wayne Kube <wkube@iadfw.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 06:23:04 -0500

BobboI@aol.com wrote:

> To both lists,  Our club is looking into purchasing a new printer for our
> newsletter so that we have better quality photos in it and I'm soliciting info
> and/or comments from fellow editors on what they use. I have already talked to
> Charley Brown from RTR from whom I gained some useful stuff. I have only been
> doing this for 7 months and definitely still learning....  thanks , til later,
> Bob Iwan , Central Pa Triumph Club, 80 tr8, Hbg pa

We (the Texas MG Register) have ours printed at Kinko's (a national chain, I
think).  They use a Docutex printer.  I do the layout using Microsoft Publisher
-
the photos are scanned, converted to B&W tiff format with Adobe Photoshop, then
inserted into the newsletter.  I adjust them for a normal contrast range, but a
little lighter in brightness than normal.  Final print turns out real nice
quality.

--
Wayne Kube
Plano, TX