newsletters

Re: Newsletter articles?

To: DLMAssoc@aol.com
Subject: Re: Newsletter articles?
From: BobboI@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 19:21:24 EST
Don ,  Bob Iwan here, I'm the new newsletter editor of "Triumph News" for the
Central Pa Triumph Club and yes finding material is a job sometimes. Luckily I
also take a million photos at club and other car events for filler. Our club
has a scanner  for  photos and articles and Microsoft Publisher program on CD
and I use it all the time. Anything I take a picture of is mine to do what I
want. Go to web site  www.ragtops.com and see what's there. I copied a file
from there and it automatically credits the business with being the owner and
original author of the article and you can use it as long as you keep  the
permission statement in the article and there is no charge.  You can do as I
am trying to do and that is contacting other club newsletter editors and
getting their permission to use what ever is in theirs and letting them use
whatever is in yours. So here goes. I'll send you ours (16 pges long with
photos,event lists, want ads ) you send me yours , you can use what you want
out of ours and I'll use what I can out of yours. Send yours to  Bob Iwan,
4708 Laurel Ridge Drive, Harrisburg Pa 17110.  Send me your address so I can
send you ours. As far as articles in national or regional  magazines you need
to send them a letter asking their permission for a certain article or see if
they will give you blanket permission for what you can use. Make sure youtell
them that you will give them credit for the article when you print it in your
club newsletter.  you can also join some triumph lists and use what ever comes
to you on line . That is also why i joined this list . But yours is the first
mail i received from it since i joined a week or two ago. I'll correspond with
you over it. Maybe it will generate some action. If i have anything that is
for your eyes only (James Bond?) i'll send it direct to you. We use the same
online service.
        I don't know who's in charge of this list. I'm new to computers and
net manners. It seems to me that it is controled by a computer that only
recognizes  set requests. I don't think there is anybody on the other end
where it's generated from.   I don't always look at my email everyday., could
be 2-3 weeks or afew days. When it gets closer to the deadline to put out the
next issue, I'm on it m ore often looking for email i can use.   Hope to hear
from you soon.  til later Bob Iwan