newsletters

Re: Comments requested

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@spitfire.cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: Comments requested
From: Greg Johnson <ab916@ccn.cs.dal.ca>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 11:07:08 -0400
On Thu, 14 Mar 1996, Mark J Bradakis wrote:

> Well, I finally managed to figure out enough of Framemaker to do a complete
> issue of the Intermountain Vintage Racing Newsletter all on the computer.
> No scissors, tape and glue required.  But, I imagine that the IVR folks who
> get it will be unwilling to give me much contructive criticism, for fear
> that if they speak up, they will become the next editor.
>
> So, if any of you folks have the time and inclination, as well as the
> facilities, check out one of the following from the newsletters directory
> of ftp.team.net:
>
> ivr_one.ps        The text only, does not include the two photos.  Only 70K.
> ivr_pics.ps       The whole thing, 1.1 megs.
> ivr_pics.ps.gz    The whole thing, using gzip to get it to 340K.

I've looked for a program that will display PS  files on a PC, but the
ones I've tried didn't work (at least with the PS files I tried to view!)

Any suggestions?  How many people actually have PS printers?

   / ______/        |   |  Greg A.M.Johnson           '72 & '66 MGB
 /   \   ___        |   |  Biology Dept.
 \     \_\  \  /\ __|   |  Dalhousie University
   \______   / \________|  Halifax, N.S., Canada
          \/
   * See the British Automobile Touring Association of NS Home Page!*

          http://www.ccn.cs.dal.ca/Recreation/BATANS/index.html