Many Thanks

To: "list" <morris@autox.team.net>
Subject: Many Thanks
From: "William Langdell" <w.langdell@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 23:36:28 -0700
Dear Listers:  Many thanks for the excellent advice concerning shipping car
parts cross country and enlarging the center hole on Chevy Vega 13" rims.  I
discovered that FEDEX ground is competitive in price and value to UPS, and
more convenient in my case at least for shipping wheel rims from California to
Texas.  I ended up shipping them two to a box in recycled supermarket boxes.
Four to a container goes into a more restrictive weight class.

I didn't expect to trigger such a lively discussion concerning center hole
diameter, but appreciate the information.  Consensus seems to be that a clean
well centered 2-11/16" or a less precise 2-3/4" works fine.  Suggested methods
for drilling vary but I think the best tool for the job is that laser cutter
featured in the James Bond movie "Goldfinger".  Am I the only person who
remembers that?  Thanks again for the help.   ---Bill Langdell '57 Morris
Convertible