Re: 1500cc Transplant?

To: morris@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1500cc Transplant?
From: Kevin Wayne Williams <kww@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 09:34:35 -0400
I haven't heard of this one going well. As others pointed out, the Datsun
swap works nicely.

I ran a 1275 in my truck for a while and was happy with it. If you want
simple, trouble free, and original looking, this is the ticket. If I
remember right, you have a smoothcase gearbox, and you will have to upgrade
to a ribcase.

  The odder swaps that I have seen work well are a Daimler 2.5 V8, Fiat
Twin-cam (not odd at all in the UK), and a Buick 3.9L V8. There is a guy in
East San Jose running a Ford 302.

If I was adventurous, I would look at a Subaru flat four or a Honda flat
four ... that's what the engine bay is designed for.

One I know to avoid is a Shorrocks supercharged 948. Mine works, but it
took forever to get right, and it still has excessive oil consumption.

KWW