H2 Carb for 948

To: <morris@autox.team.net>
Subject: H2 Carb for 948
From: "William Langdell" <w.langdell@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 21:45:31 -0700
Dear listers:  I am attempting to service the original carburetor from my '57
Morris Convertable and am uncertain what to do with an odd torpedo shaped
attachment on the manifold flange that I cannot find reference to in my
service manual.  It looks like it pivots and rotates for some kind of air flow
adjustment but I'm not sure what role it plays.  Does anyone have a clue as to
what this feature does and what I should do to service it?  Thanks for your
help.  Bill Langdell, '57 Morris Convertable