Re: Fueling a Morris Sedan or Convertible in the USA

To: "John Quilter" <jquilter@peoplepc.com>, <morris@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fueling a Morris Sedan or Convertible in the USA
From: "Paul Asgeirsson" <pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 12:59:11 -0700
Hi John,

----- Original Message -----

>Subject: Fueling a Morris Sedan or Convertible in the >USA

Up here in Oregon we can't fuel our own cars, need a service staion
attendant to do it.  I think the legislature feels that the avreage car
owner doesn't have as much intelligence as a gas pump jockey!

And of course, they stick in the nozzle and walk off to another car, just
waiting for the nozzle to click off and jump out the filler neck onto the
ground!

There are a couple of things that you can do when refueling your own car to
avoid kick back of fuel and having it run down the outside of your car.

1. Make sure that the air return portion of the fuel filler neck is at the
top.  Rotate it if need be by loosening the screws on the hose connector.
Might also be a welcome chance to replace the old hose.  In stock.

2. With my car, I usually know whithin a couple quarts how much fuel it will
take.  When I'm on a trip, (outside Oregon), I slow down the fuel delivery
flow and won't top it off, eliminating the splash back.

Hope this helps some.

Regards, Paul A