Re: London, the end of January

To: "Augustine, Scott (LNG-CSP)" <Scott.Augustine@lexisnexis.com>
Subject: Re: London, the end of January
From: "William M. Gilroy" <w.lists@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 19:54:43 -0500
Augustine, Scott (LNG-CSP) wrote:

>My wife and I will be spending the last week of January in London due to the
>extremely low BA fares we were able to latch onto last Nov.  We will be
>staying in town without a car, just using the tube and buses to get to the
>museums and going on pub walks!  I thought I might drop by Moss UK and pick
>up a catalog for my TR-3.  Any Morris parts places located within easy reach
>of a tube stop in London?  Any interesting Morris stuff going on in London
>the last week on Jan.?  Any big honkin' American car stuff going on?

Things around London that I liked, not in any real order:

   1. Any pub for a pint of  Guinness.
   2. The British Design Museum (and the restaurant there)
   3. Portobella Road Market (I think it is on Saturday), indoor/outdoor
      flea market, www.portobelloroad.co.uk
   4. Museum of British Road Transport, in Coventry (never have been there)
   5. The Imperial War Museum
   6. The London Eye, no line this time of year
   7. Duxford Air Base (outside of London, about a 1 hour train ride).
      Great place but it might be cold in the winter
   8. See at least one play.  Visit the 1/2 ticket booth on Leicester
      Square (can't miss it).
   9. The Ivy for dinner
  10. Take a London Cab.  They have the best in the world.
  11. Hyde park is great but wrong time of the year.
  12. Skip the Tate Modern unless you really like modern art.
  13. Visit the big department stores (for the wife)
  14. Pret a Manager is a good place for a quick lunch.
  15. Bring a heavy coat and gloves, it can be cold and damp.
  16. Any pub for a pint of  Guinness.

That is it for now.  Never saw an older Morris when I visited.

Bill Gilroy