Re: New to the list

To: morris@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New to the list
From: "Germball Eugene" <jfryjfry@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 18:13:28 -0800
---------
As you have suggested, most conversions will make the car wider and taller
by a bunch which is a tough issue to deal with unless you want it to look
that way.  I don't think the stock unibody  construction is up to that kind
of H.P. with out some serious upgrade of the frame and entire drivetrain.
However, having said that, I saw a Morris bodied hotrod at the Palo Alto
British car meet this past September with a V-8 and complete custom frame
and suspension.  Anyone know who that belongs to?  Good Luck.

Joel Holmes
----------

Yeah... about the width, i am okay with up to maybe 4" sticking out... some
rubber fender flares, with maybe 1" of tire past that... as long as it
doesn't look goofy but rather reminiscent of old rally cars or something.
the height though... I think I am going to go the frame route, and do a body
drop (channel?). i will cut the bottom of the minor lengthwise, wide enough
to drop down over the frame, and then weld in supports and then cover the
frame.
and i figure if i do that, i may as well use the drive train from the
vehicle, so i would like to find a turbo 4 or a v6 truck.

I have also decided to chop this thing. i have a 59, but have access to a
roof from an older, small-window car, and will fit this in when I chop it.
has anyone done a chop and can shed any light on this little aspect of my
project???

Jeremy in los angeles