New to the list

To: morris@autox.team.net
Subject: New to the list
From: "Germball Eugene" <jfryjfry@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 20:13:06 -0800
Hey all, I am new to the list and looking forward to gleaning wisdom from
those who have tread where I have not.

I just bought a 1959 minor 2-door coupe, 948/smooth case trans. it actually
runs and seems to be mostly there, but that will change. I want to fit a
turbo rx-7 engine/trans to it, and am playing with a few ideas...

One is to adapt the entire front clip of a 89-92 rx-7 onto the car.

another is to get a pickup/suv frame under the car and then put the drive
train it that.

I really want to update the suspension, or I would just drop the motor in.

I am concerned with the 1st option as i don't know if the unibody can handle
it (i would fit a newer rear end in it...). I am also unsure if the add'l
width would be too much. i am fine with a a fair amount, but not 6" on each
side...

the second option is a concern as i don't want the car to be tall. i
actually want it lower. i see that several have done similar things... any
thoughts as far as getting the ride height lower whilst fitting a frame?

Jeremy in Los Angeles