Re: Midget Motor/Trans in Morris

To: morris@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Midget Motor/Trans in Morris
From: Kevin Wayne Williams <kww@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 08:45:42 -0800
At 08:26 AM 3/12/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi Bill,
>
>You can use a LHD front cover from a smooth case, modified a bit, ....
>
>I would also give consideration to repairing the trannie of it's popping
>out of
>1st.  This is common in "shot" transmissions, those that might not be worth
>repairing because of the cost of the parts and labor.
>
>Regards, Paul A

Gotta agree with Paul, here. Doesn't make any sense to install a known bad
tranny.
Get it fixed before you install. A ribcase gearbox can be reasonably
pleasant to drive when it is working. They aren't particularly rare, either.

When you get it fixed, see if you can get the front housing from a Morris.
The front housings between the two ribcases interchange, and you don't wind
up needing the modifications. Paul's approach does work, and he has a good
reputation as an honest dealer in these things.

KWW