Re: Midget Motor/Trans in Morris

To: BillSvale@aol.com, "morris@autox.team.net" <morris@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Midget Motor/Trans in Morris
From: "Paul A. Asgeirsson" <Pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 08:26:43 -0800
Hi Bill,

You can use a LHD front cover from a smooth case, modified a bit, on the rib
case, along with a Morris smooth case TO arm.  The modifications consist of
redrilling a couple of bolt holes and deepening the recess for the second gear
shifte shaft by about .065".  This is needed as the ribcase shifter shaft is
longer than the one in the smooth case.

Unfortunately, this setup gives you an "on/off" clutch action that is really
stiff.  I have a clutch operating upgrade kit that cures this.

I would also give consideration to repairing the trannie of it's popping out of
1st.  This is common in "shot" transmissions, those that might not be worth
repairing because of the cost of the parts and labor.

Regards, Paul A

Regards, Paul A