Midget Motor/Trans in Morris

To: morris@autox.team.net
Subject: Midget Motor/Trans in Morris
From: BillSvale@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 10:49:21 EST
Dear List Members:  Several years ago I purchased a parted out MG Midget
engine and transmission with the intentions of using them in my '57 Morris
Convertible.  I was told the engine is sound but the transmission "pops out
of first gear", which I hear is a common problem.  I also notice the clutch
actuator is on the right (or rather wrong) side of the engine while my stock
transmission has it on the left.  What is the recommended remedy for these
two difficulties?  Any suggestions will be appreciated.  Thanks ---Bill
Langdell  '57 Morris Conv.