Re: Morgan Insurance

To: "DeLuca, Joseph" <Joseph.DeLuca@pfizer.com>, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Morgan Insurance
From: smanwell <smanwell@sprintmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 20:44:52 -0400
Joe,

Some of the classic car insurers such as Grundy or American Collectors,
have policies for modern special interest cars.  These may only be
limited use policies though.

However, if the car can only be brought in for one year, then maybe the
issue is that it is not legal to register it with US license plates, and
therefore not possible to insure it with a US policy.  Maybe this car
needs to retain its UK registration and get UK insurance for use in the
USA just as the European Morgans Over American cars have.  At a minimum,
this approach would make the car legal long enough to drive it off the
docks and stop the flow of storage fees that must be accumulating fast.

If it is legal to set up US registration and insurance for a car that is
legal for only one year, why not call Cantab and Isis to see how modern
Morgans are typically insured.

Has the owner consulted with the company that shipped the car over?  Has
she contacted any consulates? Some consular staff (of any country) may
have brought over cars temporarily.

--Steve