RE: +4 Starters

To: jblair@exis.net, edherman@concentric.net, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: +4 Starters
From: Gerry Willburn <Gerry.Willburn@trw.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 11:22:42 -0700
Ed,

If you have the bullet nosed starter, and you hear it turning but with no
engagement, the problem is the rubber bushed dog that connects the starter
shaft to the gear mechanism.  This is the most common problem with these
starters.  the rubber vulcanizing breaks down and disconnects from the
shaft. Replacement is not too difficult if you can find the part.  Linda, at
MORGAN SPARES or Melvyn Rutter should be able to supply one.

Gerry