RE: 'DICKEY' SEATS

To: ROWEMOGS@aol.com, "'Colin Cobb'" <cobmeister@zianet.com>
Subject: RE: 'DICKEY' SEATS
From: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 19:40:39 -0400
Chris,

I have a different interpretation than Colin.  I thought that "dickey seats"
are the "seats in a trunk," the seat that is created by opening a
rear-hinged hatch behind the (usually 2-seater) compartment in a car.  The
inside cover of this hatch served as the back of the seat.

What Colin describes, and what I consider jump seats to be, seems to me more
like the collapsible seats in a passenger compartment, behind the driver and
front seat passenger and well ahead of the rear seat.

Chuck Vandergraaf
'52 +4
Pinawa, MB