Re: Plus 4 Tyre size

To: FPS3@aol.com, morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Plus 4 Tyre size
From: Jane McDaid <Murphys@ziplink.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 16:36:54 -0500
At 02:27 PM 11/23/97 -0500, FPS3@aol.com wrote:

>My first (running) car was a 48 Anglia in 1956 and I have had lots of British
>cars in the past. NO one that I ever saw (in Indianapolis...) had chrome
>wires except show cars and Buicks and guys in California.
>
>Fred Sisson

I agree with Fred on the clean and vintage look of the painted wire wheels.
However, when I got my '67 Plus 4 in 1989 it was wearing its original 60
spoke chrome wire wheels and bias ply narrow stripe whitewalls. A very
sixties look!

Cleaning the grunge & rust off the wheels was a pretty time consuming job
with rags and chrome polish, but they cleaned up nicely, and now I just
hose them off with a little wire wheel cleaner from time to time..

I switched to a set of 165 R15 86S Continental Contact radials which have
dramatically improved the handling. These tires just barely clear the
springs. They look great. I don't know if the 86S is a different height
ratio than Eric's 80S.

Jerry Murphy