Re: 4/4 engines

To: "NOGERA" <NOGERA@prodigy.net>, <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 4/4 engines
From: "Stephen F. Bauserman" <sbauserm@actsnet.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 06:41:40 -0600
Bob:

I will attempt to answer your true question and ignore the "little" since
there is a faint glimmer of enlightenment in the rest of the message.

Production on the "Kent" engine stopped in the early 80's I believe.  This
was before the Escort.  It must also be noted that this is not the same
engine used in the Pinto.  The "Kent" engine was used in the Anglia and the
Cortina.  Colin Chapman used this engine in the Lotus Seven and Super Seven.
So you see this engine has a racing heritage.   I believe the term "Kent"
refers to the original factory of it's production.

I would also like to point out, I have never used a hammer to work on my
engine.  I have always thought the use of a hammer was for much bigger
machinery like farm equipment.

Seriously, after TexMog, I went back to Houston and have updated you back
seat concept for the "little" red 4/4.  The biggest difference is the floor
of the boot can not be lowered but maybe one inch.  I did not see that as
worth the effort.  One question,  on your +4 did you change the brake lines
any?  I have a "T" where the battery will end up and will need to relocate
it to finish the job.  I don't believe this cause any major problems.  Once
I work out the brake issue, we will be ready to complete the job.

Steve Bauserman
67 Morgan 4/4 Series V Competition
83 Mercedes 300SD
96 Cherokee Country