Starter Rebuilding Service

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Starter Rebuilding Service
From: Wildbil923@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 13:53:46 -0500 (EST)
I've posted a message to Jerry Willburn on this, but thought I'd see what
anybody else may have to suggest.  (No offense, Jerry, I'm just a compulsive
sort.) So, here we go:

I went to start the Mog for the first time since the engine rebuild and
rewiring of the car.  The good news is all the wiring is correctly connected,
as the starter turns.  Unfortunately, it turns very laboriously and sends
little puffs of smoke for visual entertainment.  (I've hooked it directly to
an electrical source with the same result, so it's not the wiring leading to
the starter.)  The starter is one of the long nose types for a TR-3 engine.
 Does anyone know of a good source for a new one, rebuilt one, or shop that
can rebuild my unit?  Also, does anyone know what the going price is for any
or all of these options?  I notice in the Moss catalog, the long nose starter
for a TR-3 is listed as "not available."

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

Bill Wilkman
Wildbil923@aol.com