Re: Help for a neophyte

To: "aMORGANS@autox.team.net" <Morgans@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Re: Help for a neophyte
From: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 97 23:33:18 -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

> Date: Monday, 03-Nov-97 12:08 AM
>
> From: Charles A Harris         \ Internet:    (harris_simmons@juno.com)
>
> 2. There was steady progress in design and performance in Ford engines
> and as they became available Morgan incorporated into the cars, showing
> the flexibility of the design as it evolved, whereas the engines from
> Standard more or less stayed static and very heavy as befitting a design
> shared with tractors.
> 3. Bob is obviously tired of this arcane discussion noticing the
> comparisons that he makes .
> So, what I am trying to locate is a bayonet cap, about 2 1/2 '' in
> diameter, which goes on a cast alloy valve cover from HRG for 105 through
> 1600's.  The cap looks like a smaller version of the one on 4/4 fuel
> tanks.  Does anyone have any ideas where to find them.  It is probably
> something that is a stock item in the U. K. and it would greatly be
> appreciated if I knew where to locate one.
> Again thanks Bob for the starter fix.
> Chuck Harris

Okay Harris,
First  Regarding the tractor comment,  Plus 4 owners take pride in the
tractor heritage. It was a fine damn tractor.

As for being tired of the thread  '  The Religious War '  I'm not. But one
of the fine points of mailing lists is the DELETE  key.  Wish I had one for
some people at work.
As for the cap , "the man with far more parts than any one man should have "
,may have what you need up in the "Parts Department " .  Come and get it !

Bob Nogueira