mini-baja

Re: Battery Charging Systems

To: D F <teggianese@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Battery Charging Systems
From: Kevin Edwards <kevindedwards@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:14:23 -0500
OSU used one last year with some electronics, be aware that they had
some trouble with voltage spikes frying their electronics.  If you're
just using motors, electromagnets and other similarly hardy
components, this will be no problem.

Regarding battery type, I doubt the judges will go for a wet-cell lead
acid battery.  Get a gel cell type - we use little ones like those in
UPSs or alarm systems.

--
Kevin Edwards
Mechanical Engineer