mini-baja

RE: Mini Baja Braking System

To: teggianese@yahoo.com, mini-baja@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Mini Baja Braking System
From: "John G." <jjjsix6@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 07:48:14 -0800
An e-brake isn't required for competition.  It could come in handy for
single person use of the car.  There were a couple of school functions where
I had to move the car by myself.  I would have to throw a piece of wood in
front of the tires so the car did start rolling away from me after I started
it, then jump in and drive it over the wood blocking the tires.  Having an
actual e-brake would have be convenient opposed to throwing objects in font
of the tires.  There is a hydraulic brake switch device ( maybe willwood or
CNC makes it) you can get through Summit racing.  You hold down the brake
and push a button for the device to hold the hydraulic pressure in the line
then push the brake pedal down or hit the button to release the device.

John H. Gibbs